Marie Claire's Editor-in-Chief Just Revealed the 5 Best Cyber Week Buys

It's never too late.
 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 
 
View online
Marie Claire

 
 
 
 

With close to 20 years in the fashion industry, I've not only seen it all—but also know how to parse through the endless sea of stuff. What's worth buying? What's not? In this weekly newsletter, you'll find my highly specific recommendations, plus a few picks from my most knowledgeable, stylish friends. First up, my Cyber Monday good buys: five of my favorite things that I've either bought myself or plan on gifting to family and friends in the future.

Nikki Ogunnaike, Editor-in-Chief

 
 
 
 
 
 

The Black Boots I've Been Eyeing for Three Weeks

During Fashion Week back in October, I declared to anyone who would listen that I was "getting into skirts." As someone who is famously known (that may be a stretch) for a healthy collection of trousers, I felt it was time to switch things up and try something new. I also wanted a clothing option that felt dressy but not too dressy. I didn't, however, anticipate how that would affect my shoe choices until the weather hit 40 degrees in NYC and I didn't really have appropriate footwear to pair with said skirts. Enter my search for knee-high boots. While I would absolutely love to splurge on this option from Jil Sander (holy hell they're gorgeous), this pair for Schutz (made from real leather!) rings in at under $175 and is a good way to dip my toes into the riding boots trend.
 
 
 
 

The Coat I Don't Need but Maybe You Do

Mmm, maybe I do need it as well. Because if you've, like me, fantasized for the last two years about adding a certain $4500 pea coat to your wardrobe, this is a great alternative. I often find myself shopping in the men's section of J.Crew (the cashmere sweaters are the softest, least pilly I've found for under $150) so it's no surprise this coat caught my eye. If I were to order it (which as I continue to write I'm slowly convincing myself that I should), I would order a size medium to allow for room in the butt and hips. Should you rather order from the women's section, this topcoat would be my top choice.
 
 
 
 

The Pajamas I Wear When I Want to Look Presentable

Every year, right around this time, I wish I had some pajamas I wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen wearing in front of people. And thanks to Petit Plume I'm actually prepared. I was recently given this silk swan-print pair, and also know from experience that the pima cotton options are some of the softest I've felt. Bonus points: the shirts can also be worn with jeans or pants during those in-between moments when you need to look kind of put together (ex: quick coffee run, grabbing something from the hotel lobby or car).
 
 
 
 

The Low Lift, High Impact Gift Your Friend Would Love

My ultimate gift-giving hack is to present your recipient with a relatively low-cost, but indulgent item that they would never buy themselves. In the past, that's always been cashmere socks, but I'm re-thinking my strategy and now feel like it should be this incredible Dries Van Noten cream. A classic surprise-and-delight gift that says 'I care about the state of your ashy hands, and also think you deserve a bougie little treat.' Industry insiders know that Van Noten's recently launched fragrance line features some of the best smells on the market, and you can find them in his assortment of hand creams. Even better, they're formulated with rosehip oil, shea butter, and almond oil so the cream actually keeps your hands moisturized.
 
 
 
 

The Fan Favorite Natural Wine I Brought to Thanksgiving Dinner

Don't ask me how I first fell in love with Vina Echeverria's No Es Pituko wines (okay, I thought the font on the bottle was cute), but I'm glad I arbitrarily chose the orange wine from the Chilean winemakers one night a few months ago (10/10, no notes) as it led me to its Chardonnay varietal (crip, easy to drink on its own) and subsequently the Cabernet Franc. 'No es Pituko'; it's Chilean slang for 'it ain't fancy' but that doesn't mean this wine is cheap. Well, actually, it is in price (under $20!) but definitely not in taste. The tasting notes on Vina Echeverria's site say this wine is "vivid and intense: concentrated with juicy black cherry and blackberry fruit with some grippy tannins," but for the non-vinophiles amongst us, simply put, it has a bit of a jammy taste but doesn't overpower the mouth. It goes down smoothly, and I found myself first drinking it on its own and then paired with turkey and jollof rice and spinach. The wine paired well with the tomato ingredients in the food and left me looking forward to my next glass.
 
 
 
 
Over the years, I've found that some of the best recommendations come from my personal group chat. Composed of two fashion PR execs and one beauty industry vet, these women know what they're talking about. For my inaugural newsletter, I asked them to share one thing they were looking forward to buying on Cyber Monday. Here's what they had to say.
 
 

Samsung "The Frame" TV

"When it comes to Black Friday, my thoughts are go big or go home. And, as cliché as it is, I've been eyeing a big-screen TV for months. Enter the "The Frame" by Samsung, a chic artwork-inspired option that instantly transforms your home into a gallery. Switch it into art mode between binging your favorite Real Housewives franchise for an elevated experience. "

Janell Hickman-Kirby
 
 

Material: The Knives + Stand

"My current knives are ridiculously dull, plus I have very little drawer storage in my studio apartment kitchen, so this kills two birds with one stone. I used this chef's knife in a cooking class once, and it sliced like butter. Plus, the stand offers a sleek storage solution that doesn't take up a ton of counter space."

  Lisa Lu

 
 

Ugg Cozy Slipper in Pink

"Nikki gave me a pair of Ugg slippers a few years ago, and they are my go-to for lounging around the house, especially in the winter when the floors are cold. I have worn them DOWN, and I really need a new pair. I'm forever a Barbie girl and obsessed with this pink color but I love the navy and grey too."

Tenique Bernard

 
 
Future Logo
Future US LLC, Full 7th Floor, 130 West 42nd Street, New York, NY 10036

This email is intended for khoikhoaitnn.dhatnn@blogger.com
To unsubscribe from Marie Claire US emails or update your email preferences, please click here.

Privacy Policy | Cookies Policy | Terms and Conditions
 

Nhận xét