Get Dressed With Me for NYFW—4 Outfits I Wore

It’s practically a sport at this point.
 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 
 
View online
Marie Claire
 
 
 
 
Friends! Welcome back to another edition of Self Checkout. Ripping and running doesn’t even begin to describe what I’ve been doing over the last couple of weeks, but as I write this newsletter, I’m excited to report that I, once again, had a blast at New York Fashion Week. You know why? Because it’s for the girls! The Business of Fashion is calling it “Fashion’s Capital of Female Designers,” where more than 60 female designers showed. Put more succinctly, that’s half of the designers listed on the CFDA's official fashion week calendar this season. When people wonder what sets New York Fashion Week apart…well, that’s it! Clothes made for women by women. Something we should all get behind, right? RIGHT!

Another thing I really love about NYFW is that it’s where personal style really shines through. The editors and those who attend are a pragmatic bunch with places to be. Our clothes have to see us through—whatever that may mean for the wearer. For me, that meant often going from a show to podcast recordings to the US Open and back. So this week I’m breaking down a few of my favorite looks and what I loved about them.

—Nikki Ogunnaike, Marie Claire Editor in Chief
Thursday was a packed day. It started early at the Diane von Furstenberg show and ended at the US Open, where Marie Claire and Cadillac co-hosted a suite and an inspiring conversation. That meant that whatever I wore that day had to last—I left my apartment at 8:30 a.m. and didn’t get back home until around 11 p.m. On days like this, my strategy is to bring a change of tops, but keep the same bottoms and shoes. So I started the day in a purple Dries Van Noten tank top but switched into the Kallmeyer option below for the Kallmeyer show and the US Open. I chose this tank top because I knew it wouldn’t wrinkle and I loved the flourish on the shoulder. It felt dressy enough for the U.S. Open later that day and a nice complement to my more casual surf shorts. I finished the look with heels that I could easily slip on and off if I wanted to change into my sneakers midday and Kallmeyer’s new Magazine bag.
 
 
SHOP NOW
KALLMEYER
$550
ROSIE ASSOULIN
$
995
 
 
KALLMEYER
$1590
SHOP NOW
ZARA
$56
 
 
As I wrote in my last send, I lean on color and color blocking a lot during New York Fashion Week because it’s an easy way to make a statement, but you really don’t have to try that hard if you play with shapes and materials. Tibi generously offered to dress me for their show this season, and I fell deeply in love with the red leather skirt and the oxblood shirt that was shown with it. The midi skirt paired nicely with flat sandals. Do this long enough, and you quickly realize the subway or walking is the best way to get from show to show in New York, so comfortable shoes are a must.
 
 
SHOP NOW
TIBI
$
1195
SHOP NOW
TIBI
$475
 
 
SHOP NOW
H&M
$20
SHOP NOW
WARBY PARKER
$95
 
 
If you follow me on Instagram, you know that these J.Crew pants were an impulse buy that totally paid off. And here’s where I admit that this purple Cos T-shirt was also an impulse purchase. But longtime Self Checkout readers know that this is my color of the season, so that should come as no surprise. Wearing them together made for one of my most-complimented looks of the week.
 
 
SHOP NOW
J.CREW
$98
SHOP NOW
MADEWELL
$38
 
 
SHOP NOW
COS
$59
SHOP NOW
LE SPECS
$140
 
 
I’m going to be honest with you, by this point in the week I had nothing left to give. I was very tired of getting dressed, but knew I had a handful of shows left to attend. Enter another green piece from J.Crew teamed with the Hailey Bieber x Gap jeans. By embracing color, a lot of the heavy lifting of making an interesting outfit is done for you.
 
 
SHOP NOW
SHOP NOW
GAP
$71
 
 
SHOP NOW
SCHUTZ
$
178
SHOP NOW
JIMMY FAIRLY
$148
 
 
 
 
These NYFW Color Combinations Are Too Good Not to Try
These NYFW Color Combinations Are Too Good Not to Try
The Best Jewelry Under $500, According to a Jewelry Dealer
The Best Jewelry Under $500, According to a Jewelry Dealer
 
 
The Moment I Realized My Mom Was a Mail-Order Bride
The Moment I Realized My Mom Was a Mail-Order Bride
My Dry Skin Has Been Crying for Moisture This Fall—This $15 Product Delivered
My Dry Skin Has Been Crying for Moisture This Fall—This $15 Product Delivered
 
 
Rennae Stubbs Has Thoughts About the U.S. Open's Influencer Controversy
Rennae Stubbs Has Thoughts About the U.S. Open's Influencer Controversy
Purple Is Fashion’s Newest Neutral
Purple Is Fashion’s Newest Neutral
 
 
 
 
Past Newsletter
4 Editor-In-Chief Approved Outfit Formulas to Carry You Through Fashion Month
Past newsletter
12 On-Sale Pieces That Will Carry You Through the Next 4 Months
 
 
 
 
Future Logo
Future US LLC, Full 7th Floor, 130 West 42nd Street, New York, NY 10036

This email is intended for khoikhoaitnn.dhatnn@blogger.com
To unsubscribe from Marie Claire US emails or update your email preferences, please click here.

When you purchase through links in our content, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Privacy Policy | Cookies Policy | Terms and Conditions
 
 

Nhận xét