I’m Surprised This Trend Turned My Head—3 Styles I’d Buy Now

I’ve been wanting to try this one.
 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 
 
View online
Marie Claire
 
 
 
 
Friends! The big idea coming out of fashion month thus far is skirts. Which I know sounds silly (like, Oh! Skirts! Groundbreaking, etc.), but they really have been everywhere. And as someone who is a noted pants lover but has been wanting to try more skirts for a while, it has really got me thinking. Mostly about how I’ll style them and what shoes I’ll wear with them, but also about how I could incorporate them into my wardrobe right now! After some sleuthing, here’s what I would add to my cart immediately.

—Nikki Ogunnaike, Marie Claire Editor in Chief
Miuccia Prada showed a handful of leather pleated skirts at the Prada show this season, and what I loved about them was they were paired back to tough leather jackets or vests and worn with a chunky banana heel. Fantastic on the runway, but this shape feels like the easiest to wear with knee-high boots or loafers, personally, so that’s the move I’ll make over the next couple of months. I’ll also most likely have to hem said skirts to above the knee—something I always forget I can do and will make the shape more modern, less schoolmarm on me.
 
 
SHOP NOW
COS
$159
ASTR THE LABEL
$
148
 
 
REISS
$285
SHOP NOW
PROENZA SCHOULER
$450
 
 
Fall and winter are great times to incorporate some friction into your look by playing with suedes, leathers, and tweeds. Especially since I imagine I’ll most likely be wearing these with either a plain turtleneck or crewneck sweater.
 
 
SHOP NOW
SHOP NOW
JOE'S JEANS
$248
 
 
SHOP NOW
MANGO
$70
SHOP NOW
POLO RALPH LAUREN
$250
 
 
I’ve already got this Argent skirt in black, and let me tell you it’s freaking fabulous. The shape gives corporate baddie in the best way and will function as a good foil to the nubby oversized knit.
 
 
SHOP NOW
ARGENT
$325
SHOP NOW
ZARA
$50
 
 
SHOP NOW
SÉZANE
$385
SHOP NOW
REFORMATION
$248
 
 
I’ve always found that the hardest part of wearing skirts is never knowing what the shoe should be. But after seeing the way friends styled them over this fashion week, the vision became clear: a sleek loafer, knee-high boot, and bitchy stiletto pump will be key.
 
 
SHOP NOW
SHOP NOW
PRADA
$1320
 
 
SHOP NOW
BANANA REPUBLIC
$
378
SHOP NOW
JIMMY CHOO
$725
 
 
As for tops, at the Prada show many of the skirts were shown with bra or tube tops, a way I most likely would never wear a skirt. But they were also shown with chunky knits, short-sleeve sweaters (this one is on its way to me!), and even a turtleneck or two. Altuzarra showed his skirts in a similar way, striking a masc-meets-femme way of styling. Right up my alley!
 
 
SHOP NOW
SHOP NOW
COS
$139
 
 
SHOP NOW
&DAUGHTER
$
610
SHOP NOW
GAP
$48
 
 
 
 
Altuzarra Brought 'Wuthering Heights' Romance to Old Navy
Altuzarra Brought 'Wuthering Heights' Romance to Old Navy
What It's Like to Be Black and On Bravo
What It's Like to Be Black and On Bravo
 
 
Megan Thee Stallion's Reign Check
Megan Thee Stallion's Reign Check
I’m Reverting to the Oldest Going-Out Formula in the Book
I’m Reverting to the Oldest Going-Out Formula in the Book
 
 
I Already Own the Fall Basics—These Styling Tricks Make Them Feel New
I Already Own the Fall Basics—These Styling Tricks Make Them Feel New
I'm 5'4
I'm 5'4"—Here’s Where to Buy Petite Clothes That Are Actually Chic
 
 
 
 
Past newsletter
4 New York Fashion Week Outfits Worth Recreating This Fall
Past Newsletter
4 Editor-In-Chief Approved Outfit Formulas to Carry You Through Fashion Month
 
 
 
 
Future Logo
Future US LLC, Full 7th Floor, 130 West 42nd Street, New York, NY 10036

This email is intended for khoikhoaitnn.dhatnn@blogger.com
To unsubscribe from Marie Claire US emails or update your email preferences, please click here.

When you purchase through links in our content, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Privacy Policy | Cookies Policy | Terms and Conditions
 
 

Nhận xét